Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mommy's Hands


Dear Mom,

Last night I looked at my hands.

I remember being a little girl and looking at your hands.  I would think about how beautiful they are and how I wished I had hands like yours. I remember how you used your hands to cook for me and care for me and even tickle my back for me when I went to sleep at night. I remember how you used  your hands once to save me from being kissed by a baboon while we were visiting the Rock of Gibraltar in Spain.  I remember you used to pat my leg in excitement or enthusiasm when we would drive in the car together.  I remember sometimes holding your hands to play with your veins by smoothing them down until they disappeared.  I remember your hands mom. Thank you for using your beautiful hands to love me; I hope my girls remember mine.

Last night I looked at my hands, and in them I saw yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment