Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Brooke's First Dance Recital


After about 5 months of Hip-Hop and tumbling classes every Saturday it was finally here!  The show at the Smith's Center.  For all of you that have moved form Vegas it's one of the most beautiful structure's down town has to offer if you ask me, and we were so excited for Brookey to dance on that stage.



I first HAD the get a picture of the family in front of Tim Bavington's 80-foot long, colorfully striped sculpture, made with steel and automotive paint.  I absolutely LOVE this piece of art.



Here is a better picture of the entire thing I found on line.  No one can deny how cool it is! 


After pictures we went inside and of course Brooke was super nervous. She would not go back stage unless I was with her so of course I took her.  Had I not left her later screaming I would have missed the show. I'm sure you can tell her mood by these next 2 pictures.




I  had a huge bag of popcorn Ben popped before we left so I pulled it out thinking it would calm her nerves...with a combination of popcorn and a visit from Aunt Adele she relaxed a bit.


So they wouldn't let us take pictures in the show but I was able to sneak in my video camera and tape the whole thing.  I'll post that when I learn how to edit...I must say she was the most precious thing.  All she did was stand there and stick out her tongue and put her hands in the air. And after it was over she was so proud of herself!







No comments:

Post a Comment